Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 is a two-processor entry-level 1U server mounted in a 19″ cabinet or rack. R440 is designed to address a range of work tasks which require high scalability, I/O operations and network load. This server combines affordable price, performance and high density. Its flexible characteristics make it suitable for a wide range of processes. Dell R440 is perfect for data storage, e-commerce, databases, high performance computing (HPC) and more.
Dell R440 is a general-purpose highly scalable server to maximize application performance. For that, Dell Technologies engineers gave it the following characteristics:
● Support of up to two Intel Xeon Scalable 2nd generation (up to 24 cores and 48 threads) processors,
● Up to 16 DDR4 slots, up to 512 GB RDIMM, 1 TB LRDIMM, 2666 MT/s,
● Support of PCIe 3.0 standard with ability to scale it to 2 × PCIe 3.0 (x16/x16),
● Support of various network parameters:
○ 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — standard,
○ 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
○ 2 RJ-45 × 10 Gbps — option,
○ 2 SFP+ × 10 Gbps — option.
● Hot-swappable disks and various bins:
○ Up to 10 х 2.5 SAS/SATA/NVMe with scalability up to 4 NVMe PCIe SSD,
○ Up to 4 x 3.5 SAS/SATA.
● Software S140 and hardware RAID controllers support, including BOSS (Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem) with the ability to install two M.2 SSD drives,
● Two hot-swappable power supplies: Bronze 450W and Platinum 550W.
Control and automation
Dell R440 supports iDRAC 9 Basic out-of-the-box technology: it is a proprietary implementation of IPMI 2.0 protocol to control the server as if it is right in front of you. Fee-based Express-, Enterprise- and Datacenter-level licenses include additional functionality.
Dell EMC OpenManage to easily control equipment and automate routine processes.
OpenManage Essentials to save system administrators' time spent on implementation, update, monitoring and maintenance of IT infrastructure. You can centralize control and decrease labour payment expenses.
iDRAC Quick Sync 2 technology with wireless NFC module and OpenManage Mobile app to get important notifications and monitor and control the server using your smartphone.
S for Safety
Dell R440 is based on Dell Technologies cybersecure architecture. The server receives firmware updates and security patches during its whole lifecycle. That's why your system administrator can reliably implement critical business processes and cybersecure them.
● Secure logistics ensure that the server will travel from the manufacturing plant to the end-client safely,
● Cryptographic signature and Secure Boot protocol (part of UEFI specification) ensure data security,
● Cryptoprocessor (TPM 2.0) installed in a motherboard chipset is available as an option,
● Server Lockdown function prevents any unauthorized access by intruders (requires a fee-based Enterprise-level or Datacenter-level license),
● System Erase function to remove all data (including cache and logs) from any drives (HDD, SSD, system memory) remotely, quickly, and securely. Thanks to that, you can reset the server to factory settings, dispose it or sell it after use without any risks of confidential data leak,
● Software and hardware RAID controllers.
Compared to the previous generation of R430, R440 server has become more energy efficient and powerful, and has been equipped with the latest generation of iDRAC 9. It has an upgraded C620 chipset, a modern generation of processors, more DDR4 slots, new RAID controllers, and more.