2U rack server
Dimensions and weight
H: 86.80 mm (3.4 in)
W: 434 mm (17.1 in) without ears
D: 646 mm (25.4 in) with bezel, 648 mm (25.5 in) without bezel
Minimum weight: 14.2 kg (31.2 lb)
Maximum weight: 28.2 kg (62 lb)
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family
Processor sockets: 2
Internal interconnect: up to 9.6GT/s;
Cache: 2.5MB per core; core options: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18
DDR4 DIMMs at up to 2400MT/s; 12 DIMM slots: 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB
Support for up to 5 x PCIe
• 3 x PCIe 3.0
• 2 x PCIe 2.0
Up to 8 x 3.5" SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD drives
Internal controllers: PERC S130 (SW RAID), PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC H730P
External HBAs (RAID): PERC H830
External HBAs (non-RAID): 12Gbps SAS HBA
4 x 1GbE LOM
495W, 750W, 1100W hot-plug PSU; -48V DC 1100W hot-plug PSU; 450W cabled PSU..
IPMI 2.0 compliant; Dell OpenManage Essentials; Dell
OpenManage Mobile; Dell OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller; iDRAC8 Express
(default); iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade);
8GB vFlash media (upgrade);
16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
• Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft®
• Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter™
Dell OpenManage Connections:
• HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA
Network and Systems Management
• Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database
Optional supported hypervisors
Citrix® XenServer, VMware vSphere® ESXi®. Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization
Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
ReadyRails™ II sliding rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled
mounting in 4-post threaded hole racks, with support for optional tool-less cable management arm.
Dell PowerEdge R530 Review
Dell EMC PowerEdge R530 is a two-processor medium-level 2U server mounted in a 19″ cabinet or rack. The server is designed to be a flexible tool for a wide range of tasks. It also strikes the perfect balance between cost and performance. Dell R530 is suitable for databases, e-commerce, high performance computing (HPC), virtualization, video streaming, data storage and analysis, e-mail server, and many others.
Dell R530 is a general-purpose highly scalable server to maximize application performance. For that, Dell Technologies engineers gave R530 the following characteristics:
- Support of up to two Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 (up to 18 cores per processor) processors,
- Up to 12 DDR4 slots, up to 512 GB RDIMM, 1 TB LRDIMM, 2400 MT/s,
- Support of PCIe 2.0 and PCIe 3.0 standards with ability to scale to 2 × PCIe 2.0 (x1/x4) and 4 × PCIe 3.0 (x8/x16/x16),
- Support of various network parameters:
- 4 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — standard,
- 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
- 4 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
- 2 RJ-45 × 10 Gbps — option,
- 2 SFP+ × 10 Gbps — option.
- Hot-swappable disks:
- Up to 8 × 2.5 or 3.5 SAS/SATA/NL-SAS.
- S130 software controller and RAID hardware controller support: PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC H730P, and PERC H830 main bus front end adapter,
- Up to two hot-swappable supply units:
- AC: 495W, 750W, 1100W, 1100W,
- DC: 750W.
Control and automation
Dell R530 supports iDRAC 8 Basic out-of-the-box technology: it is a proprietary implementation of IPMI 2.0 protocol to control the server as if it is right in front of you. Fee-based Enterprise and Express level license includes additional functionality.
Dell OpenManage to easily control equipment and automate routine processes.
OpenManage Essentials to save system administrators' time spent on implementation, update, monitoring and maintenance of IT infrastructure. You can centralize control and decrease labour payment expenses.
IDRAC Quick Sync technology with wireless NFC module and OpenManage Mobile app to get important notifications and monitor and control the server using your smartphone.
Dell R530 is based on Dell Technologies cybersecure architecture. The server receives firmware updates and security patches during its whole lifecycle. That's why your system administrator can reliably implement critical business processes and cybersecure them.
- Secure logistics ensure that the server will travel from the manufacturing plant to the end-client safely,
- Cryptographic signature and Secure Boot protocol (part of UEFI specification) ensure data security,
- Cryptoprocessor (TPM 2.0) installed in a motherboard chipset is available as an option,
- iDRAC 9 Server Lockdown function prevents any unauthorized access and protects the server from malware (requires Enterprise-level or Datacenter-level fee-based license),
- System Erase function to remove all data (including cache and logs) from any drives (HDD, SSD, system memory) remotely, quickly, and securely. Thanks to that, you can reset the server to factory settings, dispose it or sell it on the secondary market without any risks of confidential data leak,
- Software and hardware RAID controllers.