HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen10 is a two-processor general-purpose 2U server mounted in a 19″ cabinet or rack. The DL180 Gen10 is designed for maximum versatility and fault tolerance, combining uncompromising performance, reliability and scalability. These factors allow the server to handle the great stack of tasks of SMB and other businesses: mail, storage, containers, large databases, high-performance computing, virtualization, and more.
HPE ProLiant DL180 Gen10 is a mid-level server designed to handle a wide range of business tasks with a need to scale in the future. Quick, easy and secure. For that, Hewlett Packard Enterprise engineers gave it the following characteristics:
● Support of up to two Intel Xeon Salable 1 или Scalable 2,
● Up to 16 DIMM DDR4 slots:
○ 1 TB (16 х 64 GB LRDIMM 2933 MT/s),
○ 1 TB (16 х 64 GB RDIMM 2933 MT/s).
● Support of 3 × PCIe 3.0 (x8 FHFL, x8 FHHL, x8 FHHL) slots for storage extension and I/O connection,
● Support of various network parameters:
○ 2 RJ-45 x 1 Gbps – built-in (if installed/depends on the configuration),
○ 2/4 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
○ 2/4 RJ-45 × 10 Gbps — option,
○ 2 SFP+ × 10 Gbps — option,
○ 2 SFP28 × 10/25 Gbps — option,
○ Media Module adapter (2 RJ-45 x 1 Gbps, 2 RJ-45 x 10 Gbps, 2 SFP+ x 10 Gbps).
● Hot-swappable disks and various bins:
○ Up to 24+2 х 2.5, max 62.4 TB SAS HDD, 52 TB SATA HDD, 200 TB SAS SSD + 200 TB SATA SSD,
○ Up to 12 x 3.5'', max 144 TB SATA/SAS HDD, 19.2 TB SAS SSD, 92 TB SATA SSD.
● Support for RAID controllers E208i-a SR, E208i-p SR, E208e-p SR, P816i-a SR, P408i-a SR, P408i-p SR, P408e-p SR,
● Up to two hot-swappable power supplies: HPE 500W Flex Slot, HPE 800W Flex Slot.
Control and automation
HPE DL180 Gen10 uses iLO 5 Standard software-hardware remote control technology: it is a proprietary implementation of IPMI 2.0 protocol to control the server as if it is right in front of you. For that, HPE DL360 Gen9 has a dedicated 1 Gbps port. ILO 5 Advanced fee-based license (purchased for one year or three years) includes additional functions.
● Fully remote server control,
● Centralized access from any part of the world for easier HPE server infrastructure control,
● No need to use physical and IP KVMs,
● Automated response to events and timed actions,
● Integrated firewall and other protection mechanisms,
● Control via the app with notifications about server condition sent to your e-mail, social networks, messengers, etc.
HPE DL180 Gen10 security is implemented both in software and hardware. Today, firewalls won't do the trick. HPE engineers implement protection technologies right into chips and circuits, constantly update firmware and release security patches during the whole server lifecycle. This is why DL180 Gen10 is perfect for your critical business processes.
● Power-On password,
● Setup password,
● FIPS 140-2 validation,
● Secure Recovery recovers critical firmware to the last working state when detecting suspicious programs,
● iLO Security Dashboard is a real-time security panel that displays the overall security status of the system and its critical components.
● iLO Silicon Root of Trust is a digital signature in the chip that prevents the server from working with the cracked firmware (the verification takes place in the following order: hardware, firmware, system),
● Tamper-Free updates — proven and secured with digital signature,
● TPM (Onboard Trusted Platform Module) 2.0 — option,
● Workload Matching, Workload Performance Advisor provide real-time monitoring of server performance to track atypical behavior,
● UEFI Shell, Secure Boot and Secure Start support,
● Secure user data destruction,
● Physical locking bezel with a key.
Differences from HP DL180 Gen9
Compared to the previous generation, the HPE
DL180 Gen10 server has become more energy efficient and powerful, and has been
equipped with the latest generation of iLO 5. It has an upgraded Intel C622
chipset, a modern Intel Xeon Scalable 2nd and 3rd generation processors, higher
memory frequency and a larger RDIMM, more opportunities for storage expansion,
new RAID controllers and more.