Dell PowerEdge R430 Review
Dell EMC PowerEdge R430 is an entry-level two-processor server mounted in a 19″ cabinet or rack. Dimensions: small height — 1U, small depth — 24 inch. Perfect solution for companies with limited equipment space. R430 high density makes it perfect for a wide variety of tasks which require high computing powers, storage, scalability, and other resources. The server is an ideal solution for high performance computing (HPC), web-technologies and IT-infrastructure scaling.
Dell R430 is an entry-level server for small companies, offices and branches to use enterprise-level technologies. To make R430 highly effective, yet compact solution, Dell Technologies engineers gave it the following characteristics:
- Support of two Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 or v4 (up to 22 cores) processors,
- Up to 12 DDR4 slots, RDIMM and LRDIMM support, up to 2400 MT/s, up to 256 GB with one processor and up to 384 GB with two processors,
- Support of PCIe 3.0 standard with ability to scale it to 2 × PCIe 3.0,
- Support of various network parameters:
- 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — standard,
- 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
- 2 RJ-45 × 10 Gbps — option,
- 2 SFP+ × 10 Gbps — option.
- Hot-swappable disks and various bins:
- Up to 10 × 2.5 SAS/SATA with ability to install 4NVMe,
- Up to 8 × 2.5 SAS/SATA,
- Up to 4 × 3.5 SAS/SATA.
- S130 software controller and RAID hardware controller support: PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC H730P, and PERC H830 main bus front end adapter,
- Hot-swappable supply units: 450W, 550W PSU.
Control and automation
Dell R430 supports iDRAC 8 Basic out-of-the-box technology: it is a proprietary implementation of IPMI 2.0 protocol to control the server as if it is right in front of you. Fee-based Enterprise and Express level license includes additional functionality.
Dell OpenManage to easily control equipment and automate routine processes.
OpenManage Essentials to save system administrators' time spent on implementation, update, monitoring and maintenance of IT infrastructure. You can centralize control and decrease labour payment expenses.
IDRAC Quick Sync technology with wireless NFC module and OpenManage Mobile app to get important notifications and monitor and control the server using your smartphone.
Dell R430 is based on Dell Technologies cybersecure architecture. The server receives firmware updates and security patches during its whole lifecycle. That's why your system administrator can reliably implement critical business processes and cybersecure them.
- Secure logistics ensure that the server will travel from the manufacturing plant to the end-client safely,
- Motherboard cryptographic signature ensures your data is secure,
- Cryptoprocessor (TPM 2.0) installed in a motherboard chipset is available as an option,
- System Erase function to remove all data (including cache and logs) from any drives (HDD, SSD, system memory) remotely, quickly, and securely. Thanks to that, you can reset the server to factory settings, dispose it or sell it on the secondary market without any risks of confidential data leak,
- Software and hardware RAID controllers.