Dell PowerEdge T330 Review
Dell EMC PowerEdge T330 is a one-processor entry-level 5U tower server. Tower servers run more quietly than rack-mounted servers and are more scaleable, though not that dense and compact. Dell markets the server as an SMB and ROBO solution. T330 is suitable for many office tasks: storage, processing, transfer of data, application software, 1С, printing, e-mail server, “one server — one task” connection, and many others.
Dell EMC PowerEdge T330 is a reasonably priced tower server for a wide variety of SMB tasks. Thanks to 5U body, T430 can be modified and adapted to your growing business needs. For that, Dell Technologies engineers gave T330 the following characteristics:
- Support of the following processors: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v6, Intel Pentium, Intel Core i3, Intel Celeron,
- Up to 4 DDR4 slots, UDIMM support, up to 2400 MT/s and 64 GB,
- Support of PCIe 3.0 standard with ability to scale it to 4 × PCIe 3.0 (x1/x8/x8/x16),
- Support of various network parameters:
- 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — standard,
- 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
- 4 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
- 2 RJ-45 × 10 Gbps — option,
- 1 DA/SFP+ × 10 Gbps — option,
- FC adapters.
- Hot-swappable disks and various bins (2.5 inch bins installed via adapters):
- Up to 8 × 3.5 SAS/SATA/NL-SAS/NL-SAS,
- Up to 4 × 3.5 SAS/SATA/NL-SAS.
- 1 × GPGPU double-width or 2 × GPGPU single-width can be installed in PCIe 3 or 5 (only for two-processor systems) as an option.
The list of supported accelerator cards is available at the Dell.com/GPU.
- S130 software controller and RAID hardware controller support: PERC H330, PERC H730, and PERC H830 main bus front end adapter,
- Supply units:
- Two hot-swappable: 495W PSU,
- One cable-connected: 450W.
Control and automation
Dell T330 supports iDRAC 8 Basic out-of-the-box technology: it is a proprietary implementation of IPMI 2.0 protocol to control the server as if it is right in front of you. Fee-based Enterprise and Express level license includes additional functionality.
Dell OpenManage to easily control equipment and automate routine processes.
OpenManage Essentials to save system administrators' time spent on implementation, update, monitoring and maintenance of IT infrastructure. You can centralize control and decrease labour payment expenses.
IDRAC Quick Sync technology with wireless NFC module and OpenManage Mobile app to get important notifications and monitor and control the server using your smartphone.
Dell T330 is based on Dell Technologies cybersecure architecture. The server receives firmware updates and security patches during its whole lifecycle. That's why your system administrator can reliably implement critical business processes and cybersecure them.
- Secure logistics ensure that the server will travel from the manufacturing plant to the end-client safely,
- Motherboard cryptographic signature ensures your data is secure,
- Cryptoprocessor (TPM 2.0) installed in a motherboard chipset is available as an option,
- System Erase function to remove all data (including cache and logs) from any drives (HDD, SSD, system memory) remotely, quickly, and securely. Thanks to that, you can reset the server to factory settings, dispose it or sell it on the secondary market without any risks of confidential data leak,
- Software and hardware RAID controllers.