Dell PowerEdge T430 Review
Dell EMC PowerEdge T430 is a two-processor general-purpose U5 tower server. As an option, it can be mounted in a rack (except for 4 × 3.5 configuration). Tower servers run more quietly than rack-mounted servers and are more scaleable, though not that dense and compact. Dell markets the server as an SMB and ROBO solution. T430 is suitable for many office tasks: storage, processing, transfer of data, application software, 1С, printing, e-mail server, “one server — one task” connection, and many others.
Dell EMC PowerEdge T430 is a medium-priced tower server for a wide variety of SMB tasks. Thanks to 5U body, T430 can be modified and adapted to your growing business needs. For that, Dell Technologies engineers gave T430 the following characteristics:
- Support of two Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 or v4 (up to 22 cores) processors,
- Up to 12 DDR4 slots, RDIMM and LRDIMM support, up to 2400 MT/s, up to 256 GB with one processor and up to 384 GB with two processors,
- Support of PCIe 2.0 and PCIe 3.0 standards with ability to scale to 2 × PCIe 2.0 (x1/x4) and 4 × PCIe 3.0 (x8/x8/x16/x16);
- Support of various network parameters:
- 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — standard,
- 2 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
- 4 RJ-45 × 1 Gbps — option,
- 2 RJ-45 × 10 Gbps — option,
- 2 SFP+ × 10 Gbps — option.
- Hot-swappable disks and various bins:
- Up to 16 × 2.5 SATA/SAS/NL-SAS/SATA SSD,
- Up to 8 × 3.5 internal/SATA/NL-SAS (2.5 SAS and SATA SSD are installed via the adapters),
- Up to 4 × 3.5 internal/SATA (non hot-swap)/NL-SAS.
- 1 × GPGPU double-width or 2 × GPGPU single-width can be installed in PCIe 3 or 5 (only for two-processor systems) as an option,
- Support of 1 external and 1 internal RAID controller: PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC H730P, and PERC H830 main bus front end adapter,
- Supply units:
- Hot-swappable: 495W, 750W, 1100W PSU,
- Cable-connected: 450W.
Control and automation
Dell T430 supports iDRAC 8 Basic out-of-the-box technology: it is a proprietary implementation of IPMI 2.0 protocol to control the server as if it is right in front of you. Fee-based Enterprise and Express level license includes additional functionality.
Dell OpenManage to easily control equipment and automate routine processes.
OpenManage Essentials to save system administrators' time spent on implementation, update, monitoring and maintenance of IT infrastructure. You can centralize control and decrease labour payment expenses.
IDRAC Quick Sync technology with wireless NFC module and OpenManage Mobile app to get important notifications and monitor and control the server using your smartphone.
Dell T430 is based on Dell Technologies cybersecure architecture. The server receives firmware updates and security patches during its whole lifecycle. That's why your system administrator can reliably implement critical business processes and cybersecure them.
- Secure logistics ensure that the server will travel from the manufacturing plant to the end-client safely,
- Motherboard cryptographic signature ensures your data is secure,
- Cryptoprocessor (TPM 2.0) installed in a motherboard chipset is available as an option,
- System Erase function to remove all data (including cache and logs) from any drives (HDD, SSD, system memory) remotely, quickly, and securely. Thanks to that, you can reset the server to factory settings, dispose it or sell it on the secondary market without any risks of confidential data leak,
- Software and hardware RAID controllers.